Julie Tauro – Photographer Kitchener Waterloo
– I am Julie Tauro, owner of Tauro Photography, which is a full service, custom portrait photography company located in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. I photography families, kids, pets, seniors, couples, and I also offer business headshots and personal portraiture.
– photographer since 198-something, officially in business since 2002. I learned this craft on film and in the darkroom, but I have transitioned nicely to the digital darkroom.
– Wife to one John Tauro, mother to 3 amazing kids; the oldest kid is completing university in 2017, the middle one is in his first year of university, youngest is in high school and is working her way towards some great life goals. I love watching all of this unfold. There are also two crazy fur babies living here. One senior ‘puppy’ who still will make a leap for any sort of morsel of food despite his ancient hips, and one helluva diva cat. Really, she KNOWS she is all that so why even try to get her to do what you want. ‘Cause she never will (except maybe for treats – her Achilles heel).
– a Kitchener-Waterloo resident since 1986 when I moved here to go to Wilfrid Laurier University and earned a BA degree in sociology and English…and now I am a photographer…not sure how that career path works but it is what it is!
– Now that my kids are older I am looking for some new activities that are JUST for me (go figure…mom’s should have a life too!). So far I have tried – tennis, curling, yoga, archery, toastmasters and cardio kickboxing. In 2017, it is my goal to begin to walk the entire Bruce Trail. It might take a year or two, but I do love hiking as well, so this will be a great challenge.
– I personally hate being photographed (so when you tell me that too, I really do get it!) But I also truly believe that you owe it to your family and friends to make sure there is some beautiful record of your existence in their lives for them to cherish, so do it anyway.
What should you know about Tauro Photography?
I strive to provide my clients with stunning images, unique and creative products, and exceptional customer service. My priority is to capture images that will resonate with you throughout your life, whether they are displayed on your walls or in a beautifully crafted custom album. I will always deliver quality prints and products that will stand the test of time.
I hope you enjoy browsing the galleries and visiting some of the magnificent faces I have had the opportunity to photograph over the years.
Please contact me if you have any questions about how I work. I am happy to discuss how I can help you celebrate and preserve your amazing moments; from the every day to the extraordinary.
Portraiture for Life’s Amazing Moments
Julie is an accredited photographer with the Professional Photographers of Canada.